The vision of Kids Alive International is to reflect the love of Christ by rescuing and nurturing suffering children-in-crisis, so that they can grow into godly men and women who will live Christ-like lives in their communities and around the world.

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Finding My Niche

     I have grown into my role with Kids Alive as Child Sponsorship Coordinator for the care center here in Constanza. In fact, now that my language skill is improving, I LOVE IT! My job is to receive and translate letters and cards from sponsors, deliver them to the children, and write responses as needed. In addition, we do special projects several times during the year as a regular communication tool with sponsors.
 
     When I walk into the care center the children know who I am and what I am doing there. I had one little girl pull me down to her level, when I was on the playground to look for another child, and say, "Yo quiero uno. (I want one)" I didn't have a card or letter for her because she isn't one of our sponsored kids. The truth is we have many children who aren't sponsored yet. I am excited to be a liaison to help many people realize their desire to help rescue children at-risk.
 
     If you are interested in sponsoring a child here in the care center of Constanza or at any of the Kids Alive sites, you can contact me at libby@teamrowley.com or go to www.kidsalive.org to see what opportunities there are.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Libby,

Anne G. just clued me into this blog site! How cool. Doesn't surprise me with your boys being on top of technology!

I am returning to the D. R. this August...co-leading a group of 16! We are looking forward to it!
Looks like good progress is being made. I was wondering if by email you could send a list of need supplies that we could bring as well as first neames of Ark II children and house parents. (The latter so that we could be familiar with them and pray for them before we get there.)

We will see you sooner than you think!
Peggy